[Lhs-biohacking] Bad news from NEB

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale wzdd.lhsbiohacking at lardcave.net
Wed Aug 15 11:54:06 BST 2012

Just followed up with NEB. They apparently have a global policy of only doing business with:

- Registered bio-labs, and
- Universities

I did ask him if we could perhaps have some sort of restricted access to the site, and he said that he didn't think that was possible as many of their products could be used for bioterrorism.

I have to add that he was very friendly and apologetic about it, and had apparently checked the policy with his US colleagues. But it's very frustrating!

I don't know what a "registered bio-lab" is. Perhaps it's an option we can investigate.

Nicholas